Saturday 21 July 2012

Sew Sorry For Myself

My head hurts! I had too much vino calapso yesterday so it's definitely going to be a day of rest today. The theme over at LIM today is sewing.


I've made a handbag card with contrast hand stitching around the outside. The Radleyesque doggies have been cut using my Cricut.

Before I go to lie down in a darkened room I want to share with you an old Scottish recipe for fruit cake. You'll need the following: a cup of water, a cup of sugar, four large eggs, two cups of dried fruit, a teaspoon of baking soda, a teaspoon of salt, a cup of brown sugar, lemon juice, nuts, and a bottle of whisky.

Sample the whisky to check for quality.

Take a large bowl. Check the whisky again. To be sure it is the highest quality, pour one level cup and drink. Repeat. Turn on the electric mixer, beat one cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl. Add one teaspoon of sugar and beat again.

Make sure the whisky is still okay. Cry another tup. Turn off the mixer. Break two leggs and add to the bowl and chuck in the cup of dried fruit. Mix on the turner. If the fried druit gets stuck in the beaterers pry it loose with a drewscriver.

Sample the whisky to check for tonsisticity. Next, sift two cups of salt. Or something. Who cares? Check the whisky. Now sift the lemon juice and strain your nuts. Add one table. Spoon. Of sugar or something. Whatever you can find.

Grease the oven. Turn the cake tin to 350 degrees. Don't forget to beat off the turner. Throw the bowl out of the window, check the whisky again and go to bed.

Hic!

Thanks for looking and have a great weekend.



21 comments:

  1. Love it! My Radley bag loving friends will adore this card

    Sharon
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your posts brighten my day Kimberley! This one had me in tears!
    I simply LOVE your Radley too!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, and love your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's my kind of recipe!

    Love your radley card too

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant original card! Don't like whisky but I may have a go with brandy:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow , love you card and those doggies so cute
    Nicky

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very clever idea...cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that recipe had me laughing so much :0)
    Brilliant radleyesque bag too...which cricut cartridge is that Scottie from??
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great original idea! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My kinda cake! lol
    Terrific card, superb in fact
    Thanks so much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card Kimberley, love the scottie dogs. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. An original and beautiful card. The recipe made ​​me smile. Thanks.

    Daen'Ys

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hola Kimberley, is very dangerous your cake recipe:D:D:D.
    Oooh Kimberley this card is simply STUNNING!! a great work!!!fantastic, well done Kimberley
    Hugs from Palma

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm still smiling after reading your funny post and I love the bag card - fabulous for a girly friend or a doggy friend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I always have a chuckle when I read your posts and a smile at your cards. Your handbag card is beautiful, I love the little doggies.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely colour combination and cute dogs! jenx 68

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card although don't quite know how you managed it with that head! Hope you're feeling a 'tot' better now..........might have to try out that recipe!

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fab handbag and brilliant blog.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so nice. In how much time this should be designed? I am working for the Plastic Cards Printing company, can I copy this for printing on my cards?

    ReplyDelete