Saturday 25 April 2009

Cranberry Crush


Despite the colour being a bit scary this is my entry for this weeks Penny Black Saturday Challenge which is anything goes.

I've used Pink Petticoat Lola's Boudoir papers, my new Penny Black Portraits stamp which I've paper pieced with co-ordinating Cranberry paper and jewelled the centre of each flower with teeny Bedazzled beads. I've also stitched around the outside which fits in nicely with the Cute Card Thursday Challenge which is to either tear, sand, distress or sew the edges of your card (I think this qualifies on two counts in that the sewing is a bit distressed!).

Oh and by the way what about Kath's DT card for Penny Black this week? I honestly gasped when I scrolled down - oh to have a smidgen of her talent (a touch of the green eyed monster coming out in me) but we can live in hope.

Hope you have a great weekend and thanks for looking!

11 comments:

  1. Fab card Kimberley - love the colour (I love berry colours ) :-) and the paper piecing and little jewels are fb. Thanks for joining in this week's PBSC and hope you ahve a great weekend
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I am blushing..thanks for your lovely comment....I am loving this one....love the papers and your gorgeous paper piecing....so elegant and rich....thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC and have a great weekend
    Hugs Kath xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card Kimberely, love love this image and fabulous cranberries ~ gorgeous.
    Thanks for joining us in the fun at PBSC.. Have a great weekend.
    Hugs
    Tracie :)x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card Kimberely luv the image scrummy papers, beautiful work, sue.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous card, love your distressed sewing! Many thanks for joining in the CCT challenge! Hope you are enjoying your weekend! Debx

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW - a fabulous card and I really really love the colour!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card, love those colours and that backing paper works so well with the image.
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty, the way you have carried the single colour through the card works so well.

    Brenda x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card! Lovely color!

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card love that image and the papers are fabulous, as is your colouring, hope you have a perfect Sunday
    Hugs Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  11. never seen this stamp before but love what you di with it
    wonderful
    Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete